- Because when I was younger and did stupid stuff, she scolded me, or punished me when it was appropriate and she loved me.
- Because she let me choose dinner on my birthday.
- Because she hugged me when my heart broke.
- Because she kept the cookbook that my second grade class (with Mrs. Frinsko) made until I was in my forties.
- Because when I was older and did stupid stuff she scolded me, or sympathized with me and she loved me.
- Because she likes the foods that I cook, which puts her a step ahead of my children.
- Because now that I'm an adult and I do stupid stuff, she sympathizes, and she loves me, and she hugs me when my heart breaks.
- Because she had six of us and still she tells us that we can visit her and Dad in Florida and stay at their place - even with the kids.
- Because she hugs my kids when their hearts break.
- Because she knew the difference between stupid stuff and a mistake - most of the time.
- Because she loves me.
If you want to send my Mom birthday wishes, comment on this post. I'll make sure she sees them.